VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 2:25am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Problem creating autorun CD »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Problem creating autorun CD
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Problem creating autorun CD  (Read 1498 times)
David_Barrie_Neale

YaBB Newbie

I love Web CD and ebooks software!

WWW Email

Problem creating autorun CD
« on: May 18th, 2004, 6:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have created my brochure, and everything appears to work correctly.  However, I have tried several times to create an autorun CD.  Each time, the CD fails to start.  

I am burning with Nero, and all of the files appear to be present on the CD once it has been burned.

I created a temporary folder, and burned this onto the CD.  I am not certain what is meant by
"burning the temporary folder into the root
of a CD".

Can someone help, please?  I am not a wizz on computers, (lthough I learn quickly!), and step-by-step instructions on how to get my finished work onto CD would be very gratefully received.

many thanks

David

David_Barrie_Neale

YaBB Newbie

I love Web CD and ebooks software!

WWW Email

Re: Problem creating autorun CD
« Reply #1 on: May 19th, 2004, 4:55pm »

I think I have cracked it.  I was burning the folder containing all of the files onto the CD, and I note that the manual states that there should be no folders - so I opened the file up in Nero, and selected each file individually.  Voila!  The resultant CD starts and runs perfectly.

For computer dummies like myself, this is black magic indeed ...

David

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 22nd, 2004, 6:25am »

Yes this is the most common problem: the *content* of the temporary folder must be burned, not the temporary folder itself... there are 4 or 5 topics about this in the forum........... !!!!!!  
dubl

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 2:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have some problems that maybe I can post here.

My first problem is I didn't see anywhere in the manual that tells you how to "finalize" or "publish" your cd.
I don't know what to do after I'm finished with all of the editing and building of the CD project. I don't have Nero, I have a simple HP CD-writer program that came with the burner and it doesn't have any editing or naming options on it. I can't even name my Disc. So how do I put this project onto CD?

That being said, my second problem is that I created a simple screen with a "supposedly invisible" table, two images and a 3-D Button with a link to a separate page -(because it wouldn't allow me to place that page in the 2nd column). Then I just wanted to see what my simple CD-writer program would burn, so I dragged my file(which used the CDFE Icon)into the writer program, burned the disc, and checked it afterwards. What opened up was the original format of my project. The tables were still there and there wasn't the "read-only" hand that you see when you mouse over links, it was still in an edit format.
What caused this to happen?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 3:50pm »

1) CDFrontEnd generates (within a temporary folder), four main files:

autorun.ico
autorun.inf
CDFE_e.exe
brochure.aeh
readme.txt

with your CD burner software, you must burn a CD with these 5 files  
within the CD - no more.

If you have a HP CD burner product you should see its User's Manual or please refer to HP support on how to use it. They must know how to create a simple CD with 5 files. I don't know the HP burner software, but there should be a place where you can tell to the program (or drag/drop) what files to include within the CD.

2) ...this is not the correct way to create a CD. Doing this way, you created a CD with your work file.
When the file opened up, it opened within the CDFrontEnd editor (so in edit mode).
Your end user won't have the CDFrontEnd editor, so they will see a read-only environment - provided that you burn the 5 files as above.

Should you need additional help, http://www.cdfrontend.com/contact/

Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users