VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 5:34pm

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Autorun cd with a pdf file »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Autorun cd with a pdf file
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Autorun cd with a pdf file  (Read 1421 times)
Brenda

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

Autorun cd with a pdf file
« on: Nov 5th, 2004, 11:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I will be the first to admit that I'm a newbie.

I have downloaded the trial version of CDFrontEnd Lite and want to try to create an autorun cd that would run on any machine, whether or not the user has Adobe installed on the local machine.

The file that needs to be viewed (obviously) is an Acrobat file, created with Adobe Professional v6.0.2.

I have printed off the 72 page manual, but after reading pages 12-13-14, I don't understand  how to creat the autorun.ico, autorun.inf, etc that are referenced on page 13.

If I have just 1 pdf file named "generation.pdf" what all do I need to put on the cd, and how do I create those files in order to put them on the cd?

Thanks to all,
~Brenda  

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Autorun cd with a pdf file
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2004, 6:10am »

In order to create a professional CD that will run on any PC (even when the PDF viewer software is not installed) you should create at least a one-page document with CDFrontEnd.

Please hit F1 then click Tutorials, or see it online at:
http://www.cdfrontend.com/visual_autorun_cd/make_auto_run_cd_000146.htm

If you use directly autorun.inf autorun.ico you will obtain a "mute" CD (a CD that does nothing) if the PDF viewer (Adobe Reader) is not installed - this is not so professional as you can guess. Just take a look at the Tutorial for the professional way with CDFrontEnd.
Brenda

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 8th, 2004, 8:33am »

Hi,

I have printed off the "Create autorun CD in a temp folder" and will attempt fo follow it.

One more question: will ar405eng.exe view a pdf file that is made using Adobe version 6 (the latest version)?

The reason I ask is because I know there are some backwards compatible issues with version 6.

Thanks,
Brenda

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 12:35pm »

Usually yes, but you are welcome to use the new acrobat installer file, that's something like
acr602eng.exe

You find the last Adobe / Acrobat Reader Installer at:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html

Just replace the new name wherever acr405etc... appears within the tutorial....
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users