VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2017, 3:22pm

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Editor flashes at autorun »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   CDFrontEnd PRO

Editor flashes at autorun
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Editor flashes at autorun  (Read 1043 times)
nhelman

YaBB Newbie

I love Web CD and ebooks software!

WWW Email

Editor flashes at autorun
« on: Nov 14th, 2004, 6:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm using a registered copy of CDFE Gold, and my autorun menu (a software install front end) is almost complete.  I can delete or rename the gold.gif to go straight to the menu, but there is ghost image of the editor for just a moment right before my menu displays.  It really detracts from the professional image of the installer menu.  How can I prevent this ghost image from displaying (or can I even prevent it)?

Thanks,
Neal

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Editor flashes at autorun
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 12:02pm »

Uh? It is not the editor, as the editor is not included within your CD.
If the first page of the CD is huge (contains a huge video or audio file) there may be a slight delay when starting.
Try reducing the number / size of the objects present on the first page (Cover page).
Neal Helman

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25th, 2004, 1:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The first page contains an image that, before JPEG compression, is a 1.37M bitmap and eight hot spots.  No audio or video.  I did finally get a chance to test it on another computer, and the effect is the same.  It is a quick flash of a window the size of the autorun program itself, which I've set to 800x600.  It appears in various positions on the screen; my autorun program is set to center itself on the screen.  It's as though an initial form gets displayed before the autorun program itself gets displayed.  Any ideas what this could be, and, more importantly, how I can prevent it?

Thanks,
Neal
Neal Helman

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 3:45pm »

Okay, I've dramatically reduced the size of the image serving as the background of the first page, but there's still a flash of something when the autorun starts!  You say it isn't the editor.  Okay, that makes sense as I wouldn't expect the editor to be included in the distribution I'm creating anyway.  But something's there!  I've told the Reader Screen (in Current Hypertext Properties) to not display the (a) main menu, (b) toolbars, or (c) top bar.  Even on a very fast computer, I get a flash of something with these one it, and it looks bad (unprofessional).  It's the kind of thing that will cause me to look for another autorun creator, to be quite honest.  I mean, we've gone three months without any resolution to the issue.  

Do I have to maybe have a blank cover page that automatically flips over to the first page that has anything on it?  Something doesn't sound right about that, either!

What appears to me (as a fellow software developer) to be happening is that the reader is being displayed, THEN the commands to eliminate the menu bar, toolbar, and top bar are issued.  Between that and the loading of a 200K image (which isn't really THAT big), I believe I'm seeing an image of the reader that I shouldn't be seeing.  What's worse is that my customers are seeing it, too.
D Estes

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 7th, 2005, 10:27pm »

hi,
we have been making a CD also and the same thing happens when we load the start page.Doesn't matter how small the page is it flashes the CD Pro logo before loading the page.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 9th, 2005, 9:54am »

To customize or remove the logo you need CDFrontEnd GOLD.
As for the other problem (reader flashing), nobody else reported this but I forwarded it again to the programmers...
Neal Helman

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 9th, 2005, 10:27am »

Would it help at all if I made some files available for download, say, the autorun and the development files?  It sure doesn't matter what machine I run my CD autorun on... the reader flashes.  Maybe there's a setting I don't know about, or some configuration of settings I should be avoiding, but I can't find it.

Neal
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 9th, 2005, 10:43am »

It would certainly help.
Email cdfrontend@visualvision.com, if a large file maybe you should place this available for download in order to not overload the mail server (I think there is also a reject limit to avoid spam).
Maybe also the quick flash exists but nobody else considered this a problem, so as you may understand we worked on other issues considered more urgent (more requests). I admit I have not tested this as usually I manage the Web part........ please email and stress... the forum is for mutual user support, we rarely monitor it.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 10th, 2005, 12:33pm »

Hi!

Just to update who reads - this behavior pertains only to some old editions of the software.

This behavior is not present in the version 2005, this is verified .
d estes

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 11th, 2005, 6:07am »

Hi,
our version was purchased in Dec.2004 ,is there a update or download available for it to correct this?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 11th, 2005, 6:19am »

Please email cdfrontend@visualvision.com with your order number / tracking ID.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users