VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 11th, 2017, 6:41am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « password feature »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EBooksWriter

password feature
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: password feature  (Read 925 times)
Stephen Simons

Email

password feature
« on: Jun 10th, 2002, 10:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Unlike the previous query, I cannot get the password feature to work at all.

I too want every page after the cover to be password protected, with a different password for each PAGE.

When I select a page and then click 'Add a password' the password appears to have been applied.

If I go out of the dialog box and back in, and then select the page again, the password is not there.

Is there something I'm doing wrong ?

Steve
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: password feature
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17th, 2002, 3:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In EBW version 2.2 and some other older editions, there is a little bug when you press the "Add" password button.  
If you press the button 2 times, the program adds TWO passwords #1, i.e. two passwords that are not independent. Simply press the Add button 3 times, and then delete the first added password (use DEL key). Then you will notice that #1 will be assigned to the first pass, #2 to the second one, and so on.
The current edition 2.3.61 solves this issue.
Joseph F. O'Connell

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 7th, 2002, 6:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Is there anyway to disable the password function so that the user gets directly to the first page without having to fill in the password box?

Joe
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2003, 6:24pm by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10th, 2002, 3:24pm »

Yes, simply apply the pass "none" to all pages (first press the button to show all pages without password, then check all pages)
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24th, 2003, 6:29pm »

Both in the Visual Manual and in the FAQ (F1) we talk about passwords.
And also in the PDF manual.

But we just received another question list so I will publish it right now, maybe it will be useful for you...

HYPERTEXT OPTIONS:
Tab 1 Info
1. If I check the "read only Pass" but enter nothing what happens?

>
Dunno. Maybe the password *nothing* will be applied. It is irrilevant.

2. If I check the "read only Pass" AND enter a password does this prohibit unauthorized editing, cliping etc. by anyone without the Pass?(Assuming I check disable clipboard copy)

>
Yes, also anyone that owns EBooksWriter

3. Assuming I make use of #2 above, ....let's move to TAB 3 Password:
  If I apply an author password "to all pages" (Noting that clicking on Reader all pages become UN-checked, so I reclick Author) what rights does the customer now gain?  

>
You shouldn't click on "Reader", the reader column is calculated from the data in the  
"Author" column, on the fly.
If the customer doesn't know the pass it won't be able to read the ebook

4. Assuming I give him the author password in his email receipt.  (I want him  
  to see the license and use a password)

5.Assuming I make use of #2 above, ....

>
No, #2 is a password for editing. Nothing to do with reading.

...let's move to TAB 3 Password:
  If I apply a Reader password, checking all pages, what rights if any does the customer now gain?  (Again the customer gets THE password in his email receipt) Other than reading, none I hope!

>
If the box "custom password for each reader" is checked, the customer will need his own "reader password(s)". You can calculate it on the fly by entering name, email in the bottom right and by reading the "Reader" column in the left box.
If the box "custom password for each reader" is checked, the customer will need the "author password(s)".  
The passwords in the Password tab are for reading.

6. A girlfiend has a computer and we test dowloaded two of my free eBooks onto her destop. Pretty cool!  But when we went to open the second application up, it said something like "This .aeh application already exists! Over write?

7 I think we said "NO" and eventually the two eboks came on screen in a MS Explorer window.  

>
No, Internet Explorer can't read the ebooks. They are protected.

We double clicked and had to enter a password.  What happens if the customer had said "YES: Overwrite?" What's correct for multiple ebook downloads?

>
It is pretty irrilevant to choose Yes or No. The program just warns you that it is doing an overwriting (in case of two different ebooks with same aeh name, this warning can be useful).

Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users