VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 12th, 2017, 7:19am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Getting started if your book yet in MSWord or so.. »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EBooksWriter

Getting started if your book yet in MSWord or so..
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Getting started if your book yet in MSWord or so..  (Read 1047 times)
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Getting started if your book yet in MSWord or so..
« on: Sep 13th, 2002, 7:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is a dialog between us and a customer.
I think it is useful to post it here as it can be interesting for new buyers.

CUSTOMER:
When I bought the EBookWriter PRO I had just completed writing my book in MS Word. My goal is to transfer the various chapters (each chapter, of my book, is in a separate Word file) to the EbookWriter PRO. My desire here is to setup EbooksWriter, with a Table of Contents and provide the ability of the end user to go (if they wish) from that TOC to the beginning of that chapter. Also, to have the Ebook in one continuous (reading) book (which seems to be the normal way of doing ebooks that I have seen).

Problems I have been having are:
1. Setting up the Table of Contents.

SUPPORT:
The table of contents (TOC) has to be set up AFTER all the ebook pages are done. There isn't the need the ebook page are in any order. Page numbers in EBooksWriter are just a fast way to find pages, but then you can create any non-linear page order for the user. The user has not the access to the page number. This means that you have to manually insert some <<prev<< and >>next>> links if you want to provide a default page order for the user. Placing links is very fast by the way (F1, Tutorials, Create and link pages).
For the TOC, As you might have seen, you can choose "Hypertext >Predefined page order - TOC", then you can create Chapters and Subchapters. But in order to fill in each subchapter you need to drag in pages, and only *existing* pages can be included in the TOC.

CUSTOMER:
2. Cutting and Pasting (from Word) to the EBookWriter. After doing this for 2 chapters, it seems the EbookWriter screen stops going any further (down)?  

SUPPORT:
Each EBooksWriter page has a lenght limit. Please divide each chapter in more pages (this can be done automatically if you use "File >Import"); you can use CTRL+ for adding pages. CTRL- for going back.

When you finished the TOC, you can create a new page ("File >New page") and use the function "Insert >Index" to obtain a copy of the TOC with active links to each other pages. Then you can link the TOC page from the main page.

From what I can understand, you supposed that some things that can be done in a semi-automatic way were done automatically (fully automatically) by the program. So, even if the program has some advanced features like the special links and the rollover images, being in your shoes I guess you'd like something more automatised for the management of pages and subsequent pages. Don't you? We will consider your suggestions.

Hope this is useful!
Fred

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

Re: Getting started if your book yet in MSWord or
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2002, 8:11am »

But isn't the TOC normally a separate page, usually the first page after the cover?

If I am creating a new ebook, is it generally considered easier to import from a Word doc, or to actually create it from scratch directly in EbooksWriter itself, sort of like you would for any desktop publishing?

I am a bit confused about the "Cover" and "Content" icons on the toolbar. When I click "Cover" then does that put it in the mode for creating my ebook cover, then if I click "Content" that prepares it for the body of the ebook?

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.beyourowndetective.com
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Getting started if your book yet in MSWord or
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31st, 2002, 11:05am »

>But isn't the TOC normally a separate page, usually the first page after the cover?

with EBW you can do whatever you want. You might use "Insert >Index" to automatically insert a TOC in any page

>If I am creating a new ebook, is it generally considered easier to import from a Word doc, or to actually create it from scratch directly in EbooksWriter itself, sort of like you would for any desktop publishing?  

It is normally easier to work inside EBooksWriter. But some people has already some text in MSWord, so this topic.

>I am a bit confused about the "Cover" and "Content" icons on the toolbar. When I click "Cover" then does that put it in the mode for creating my ebook cover, then if I click "Content" that prepares it for the body of the ebook?  

"Cover" and "Content" are 2 special pages that the user can see by pressing 2 buttons on the toolbar. With "Hypertext >Current hypertext properties" you can tell to the program which is the Cover page and which is the Content page. The default is Cover=0 and Content=0 but you can reassign to any page.
You are not forced to insert a cover in the "Cover" page, or a table of contents in the "Content" page. The two buttons are just a facility for the final user, you can assign them to any page, and the pages content is up to you.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users