VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 11th, 2017, 6:41am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « RealAudio fiels in myebook.exe »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EBooksWriter

RealAudio fiels in myebook.exe
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RealAudio fiels in myebook.exe  (Read 1118 times)
americamba

YaBB Junior Member

I love Web CD and ebooks software!

WWW Email

RealAudio fiels in myebook.exe
« on: Sep 20th, 2002, 9:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, Things are moving nicely. I love the layout that I put together, real nice useful links, the options for the tables are great.  I love the way EBW inserts the audio panel, etc. etc.

BUT... I have a lot of sound files in my book  and my .exe is about 3 megs. This is too slow to download or to send as email , and I don't want the CD solution. I want people to get it off the web.

I thought of RealAudio which I have on my server. This would make the file MUCH much smaller without the embedded audio!! But it starts off fine but then stops and gives an
REalAudio error message. I think it should work because you can link to any other external website out of an EBW page.  But since REalAudio is a special kind of operation, maybe it is impossible.

I would appreciate knowing if there is a way to address a RealAudio file that I have on my server out of my ebook on the web. Or should I give up. I guess any techie savvy people may be able to help me, or maybe the support staff. I need a definitive answer because if it never will be possible, I will start to break the book up into pieces or some other less than desirable solution.

Thanks,  Frank

Libros: www.BooksLibros.com/LibrosEnEspanol.php
Aprenda Ingles: www.InglesParaLatinos.com
Learn Spanish: www.BooksLibros.com/spanishbooks.php
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: RealAudio fiels in myebook.exe
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20th, 2002, 5:36pm »

Any external link should work fine.

However, usually an ebook is intended as "stand alone" product, you can't suppose your readers will be connected to the Internet while reading it.

They might have a laptop and might be on the beach
americamba

YaBB Junior Member

I love Web CD and ebooks software!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 21st, 2002, 12:56pm »

Forgive me, but with all respect, that was not a satisfactory answer. I appreciate the answer but let me try to explain myself better.

I wondered if anyone knows about RealAudio and its characteristics.  I know that external links "should work fine". I mentioned in my post that other external links DO work fine. But my question was about RealAudio.

I also know that it is more "usual" to distribute a standalone product. I would love to  do it.  But I have to count on people using my product while on line. Any suggestions as to how to  get people to download a 5 megabyte ebook? It takes 25 minutes so obviously is no good.  

I don't want a CD for other reasons (the people I want to reach are in countries with customs and import probalems).  

So I opted for ReaLAudio. They can be fed the audio while online. I perfectly realize that they will not always be on line but I need help how to do it the way I am interested in doing.

I hope that someone has an answer to my original post (which you might read for full detail) . Anyone know for sure how to call RealAudio from within an EBW ebook?

Thanks, FRank

Libros: www.BooksLibros.com/LibrosEnEspanol.php
Aprenda Ingles: www.InglesParaLatinos.com
Learn Spanish: www.BooksLibros.com/spanishbooks.php
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23rd, 2002, 9:42am »

Real Audio has its own protocol. You can link to real audio files only within a Web browser that support its protocol.
This is because a Real Audio is not really downloaded but uses a different stream tecnique.
So you can add a link that will start the browser with the real audio file, but unfortunately you can't embed a real audio within an ebook. Or, if it is possible, we don't know how .
Hope this is more clear.
Dai

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 28th, 2003, 3:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

try looking at windows media encoder. this will shrink your sound and avi files down to a smaller size.
Dai

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 28th, 2003, 3:59pm »

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/wm7/encoder.aspx
Wayne Wymore

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 13th, 2003, 1:42am »

Hi,

I believe that if you check out the real.com website you will find that they offer a streaming media server product that you will need to install on your website in order to allow someone to download your audio as a stream.  One way around this is to find a weab hosting company that has already set this up and will allow you to use it.  Some have an additional fee and some include it in a package deal.

Another option would be to allow someone to download the audio files as files.  I believe the extension you would use for that is .rm

Once they download them they can play them with the RealOne player.

Good Luck!  

Wayne
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users