VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2017, 10:19am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « print & copy disabling problems »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EBooksWriter

print & copy disabling problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: print & copy disabling problems  (Read 1114 times)
Hans Bleiker

Email

print & copy disabling problems
« on: Aug 31st, 2004, 3:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm trying to make a print & copy disabled copy of an e-book I've created. The Hypertext > Current Hypertext Properties menu sometimes gets me to a window that DOES have the print disabling and copy disabling choice on it . . . Sometimes -- in fact, most of the time -- it gets me to the same window, but the print disabling and copy disabling option have vanished from the window.  
But, here's the real trouble, when the print disabling and copy disabling options DO show up, and I DO select them . . . then click OK . . . then save the document; re-open it and see if the print disabling HAS taken hold . . . It PRINTS!!!
What am I doing wrong?
Sincerely,
Hans Bleiker
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: print & copy disabling problems
« Reply #1 on: Sep 3rd, 2004, 7:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

these features are available under the
Hypertext >Current hypertext properties

these features work within the Reader program and/or within the ebook.

When you are within the EBooksWriter editor they may not work (in editor mode). Please be sure to place a "edit password" (=readonly) if you enable these protections, so another people with EBooksWriter won't be able to bypass them.
BobG

YaBB Newbie

Too old to argue!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 3:57pm »

I'm lost! I don't understand why you used the approach you did, and I don't understand what the Monitor's answer really amounted to.  

I suggest you use the next menu item below "Current Hypetext properties...". Selecting "Password..." works for me.  

For help...
Hit F1 for Help and use the "visual manual". Scroll down to the Hypertext and then select Password. It gives you these instructions for using the target dialog...

It advises...  
"You can use just one password, or more passwords, and you can also make the password(s) different for each user (the EbooksReader asks for the user’s name once installed. Usually the first page (page 0) should be left without password. "

Like most "Properties" functions, "Current Hypertext properties..." tells you "what is", not "what can be".

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 6:48am »

The manual does definitely say what *is* not what it could be.

The passwords are explained within:

- the PDF manual
- the visual manual (F1)
- the frequently asked questions (F1 or http://www.ebookswriter.com/faq/ )
- this forum (see the other posts)

please understand that the passwords do definitely work. Both the normal single password and the different passwords for different users.

To avoid mistakes it is better to test the final product (the ebook) on a different PC (otherwise the Reader will use your EBW's registered name and email as name and email for the ebook - this may cause difficulties in testing other names / emails).

If you have precise questions just contact support_ebw@visualvision.com

We will solve your problem: till now the 100% of the problems are user mistakes. The software does ALWAYS work.
The most common problem is testing a password calculated for (say) the user Mickey Mouse mickey@mouse.com without telling the machine that you are Mickey Mouse...

Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users