VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 9:30pm

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Troubles e-mailing a form / formmail form mail »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

Troubles e-mailing a form / formmail form mail
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Troubles e-mailing a form / formmail form mail  (Read 19297 times)
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

email form data without confirm
« Reply #15 on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 1:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

this topic is also discussed within the HP topic

"email form data without confirm"

that also talks about using the so called form-mail "scripts"

link here:
http://www.paperinik.com/cgi-bin/eng/YaBB.pl?board=HP;action=display;num =1064825128
Jean-Paul Humpers

Email

Re: Troubles e-mailing a form / formmail form mail
« Reply #16 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 10:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had problems with forms.

I asked my host to help me and I paid, but they have changed my website the hard way and provided me new files. But they changed them in the server, so I do not have the stuff within EasyWebEditor.

They added/changed these files (I am sending these files to the VisualVision support email)
contact.php
livre.php
formmail.php
site_000005.php
site_000009.php
site_000025.php

I am confused. I would like to have the forms within my EasyWebEditor web site.....
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2008, 10:31am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 10:31am »

They provided you the fish.
So if you will be hungry again in the future you will need to buy more fish.

We aim to teach you how to fish.

Basically, they provided you 3 scripts (contact livre formmail) - usually you use only one... see the previous posts within this topic.

They they modified your page 5, page 9 and page 37 (37 is 25 in hexadecimal).

Now we will go page by page and I will explain how to change your pages in EasyWebEditor in order to call (=refer to) these scripts. I will create separate posts or it will be too long.

Let's start with page 9.
The file you provided to us contains

....... some header stuff........
<form method=POST action=contact.php >
<input type=hidden name=subject value=contact>

<DIV class=s0>
    <TABLE>
      <TBODY>
      <tr>
      <td colspan="2">
      <p>Vous pouvez joindre l'auteur en lui envoyant un mail via ce formulaire</p>
      <p>Si vous souhaitez entrer en partenariat avec nous, envoyez-nous un mail avec votre bannière et l'adresse de votre site. <br>
      La 'webmistress' se réserve le droit d'accepter ou non un partenariat. </p>
      <p>Merci de votre visite. <br><br></p>
      </td>
      </tr>
   <TR>
     <TD> <p>Date</P></TD>
     <TD> <INPUT size=25 name=Date> </TD>
     </TR>
   <tr>
     <TD> <p>Message</P></TD>
     <TD><TEXTAREA NAME="message" ROWS="10" COLS="80" ></TEXTAREA></TD>
   </TR>
   <tr>
     <TD> <p>Votre nom / pseudo :</P></TD>
     <TD> <INPUT size=40 name=nom> </TD>
   </tr>
   <tr>
     <TD> <p>Votre adresse e-mail</P></TD>
     <TD> <INPUT size=40 name=e-mail> </TD>
   </tr>
   <tr>
     <TD></TD>
     <TD><br><br><INPUT type=submit value="Envoyer"> <INPUT type=reset value="Annuler"><br><br><br><br><br></TD>
   </tr>
      </TBODY>
    </TABLE>
    </DIV>
  </FORM>
.....some footer stuff.....

(you can see this code with the MSWindows Note Pad, use File >Open of the Notepad to open the file site_000009.php)
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2008, 10:33am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 10:46am »

as you wrote page 9, you may be able to recognize what is on this page.

In red and green we highlighted the form components they added to your page.

You can add them all VISUALLY with EasyWebEditor. They added them with these codes as they don't know how to add them properly with EasyWebEditor.... they are old and they use the old code approach.

1) Let's start with the first thing.
<form method=POST action=contact.php >

this means you must insert (with the Insert >Form menu) a Form Start Marker, this marker must be of the kind "Post" (just select the proper tab) and its action must be contact.php

2) then we have
 <input type=hidden name=subject value=contact>  

this means must insert a Form element, this must be of the kind "Hidden" and its identifier must be subject and its value must be contact

3) then we have  
<INPUT size=25 name=Date>

this is a form element of the kind "Box" (first tab) and the identifier must be Date

4) then we have
<TEXTAREA NAME="message" ROWS="10" COLS="80" ></TEXTAREA>

this is a form element of the kind "Text box", the identifier must be message and you should find somewhat obvious what to insert in the boxes Rows and Columns....

5) and 6)
<INPUT size=40 name=nom>
and
<INPUT size=40 name=e-mail>

this is like 3) - you should be able to act the same way.

7)  
<INPUT type=submit value="Envoyer">
and
<INPUT type=reset value="Annuler">

these are the buttons "Envoyer" and "Annuler" ("Submit form" and "Reset form" for you Englishmen not used to french...).
To insert them, you use Insert >Forms >Button

the identifier for the two is unspecified. The button text is "Envoyer" for the first one, Annuler for the second.

If you follow all these steps, you see you can create a form in a visual way. As you may understand, it is the form start marker that do specify that your form calls the script "contact.php". This script has been designed to grab the data from the various boxes (it is likely that you can add other boxes, but only the author of the contact.php script knows for sure) and to send them to your email address.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 10:53am »

P.S. Basically a web page "calls" the script and passes it the parameters of the form. The script get them and creates an email for you with them.

The people that created for you the contact.php form, would have done a better job if, instead of editing the code for you, would have told you something like:

" I created a script for you. You must call this script form a form that uses a POST action, the action is contact.php " "The other parameters for the script are a hidden form element with identifier "subject" and value "contact", and as many other elements you like"

ok this is a bit tecnical and requires some explain, but makes you able to use the script with any editor (= you are able to fish)
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: May 29th, 2009, 5:03am »

p.s. we can put on your server a form-mail script and configure it for you and do all the job (obviously for a fee), just ask support by email or contact form
Lisa Bell

Email

« Reply #21 on: Aug 31st, 2009, 9:16pm »

I use GoDaddy to publish.  In the past with GoDaddy, I have successfully retrieved form data from an outdated web creator program which my new computer doesn't support.  I know 100% that with GoDaddy I use .php and Post Method. I do not use CGI/Perl or Java enabled.  I wrote to GoDaddy who told me what my absolute path is for my Linux hosting account.  It is /home/content/1/2/3/username/html where 1/2/3 are the first three letters of my user name and the username is the name I used to set up my hosting account. I typed the path into the form start marker on the "start program with Post method"  I then typed /gdform.php on the html tab.  (Not sure if I needed that)  My Website is up and running beautifully with exception of submitting the form.  I get error 404 every time I submit.   GoDaddy mentioned more than one in their email response that the form mail is located within the root directory.  Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?  thanks for your help.
Alex

Email

« Reply #22 on: Sep 1st, 2009, 5:56am »

concisely, the action is what you type into the box "Program path and name" that is under the Get or the Post tab (normally a form mail script will work both with get or post), so there Godaddy is telling you to write simply
/gdform.php

the form may require some other information in order to correctly work (typically they are entered by inserting some hidden form elements, with Insert >Form element )
John_Lloyd
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

« Reply #23 on: Oct 21st, 2010, 11:28am »

I have the same issue. I'll try the suggested solutions here later. Hope I can solve it. Thanks a lot for this very helpful information.

Shakeology Alternative | Shakeology Cleanse
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users