VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 2:23am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « I need help »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

I need help
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I need help  (Read 920 times)
twinka

YaBB Newbie

Hiya! Have Bright Day!

WWW Email

I need help
« on: Mar 21st, 2003, 6:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This my first attempt ever at doing a personal website.  I'm really proud of it.  Problem is to get it published.  I have a ftp server and username and password and www path and all that.  My main page is named index.html.  It will even show that it published okay.  When I click on my website it says that it hasn't been uploaded.  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  I am ready to pull my hair out.  The program is great, but won't do me much good if I can't get it on a site. Help someone....

~twinka~
twinka

YaBB Newbie

Hiya! Have Bright Day!

WWW Email

Re: I need help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22nd, 2003, 6:39am »

Okay I did finally get it to the point that the background keeps flashing up and it says loading, but it will flash and try to load for I don't know how long...I gave up after 5 minutes.  Should I have put things in separate folders?  It is about 6 pages. I think I confused it and myself.  We are both going in circles.  Any ideas?

~twinka~
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22nd, 2003, 7:02am »

The important FTP publishing parameters are:
- ftp server name
- username
- password
- initial directory

Some servers require initial directory =
/public_html
or
/html
or
/www
or
/htdocs

Please check this is correct.

The default name of the main page (home page) is index.htm
To change it ALWAYS use "Hypertext" then "Current hypertext properties" then second tab, then edit the name in the box "Cover Page Name (HTML)".

DO NOT USE the gray box "Format >Page properties" for the home page (page #0 by default); that box is intended in case you want to change the name of other pages (not the cover).

For fast support, please write to mailto:support@visualvision.com !
This is an user's forum not a support forum.
Daniel Gauthier

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23rd, 2003, 6:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Glad Twinky put this one on.  I'm not there yet but will be handy to re-read what was posted here.

My problem?  Re-building from scratch all that I did in Front Page ha!

1.  After I typed in header at 36 can't seem to change return space created after.  It stays at 36.

2. Insert image.  Centered, hit return at 36 again.  Type text (centered too).

3. Go to preview in browser, image is off center with regards to text.  Must add a couple of spaces to image in order to make it centered.

4. How can I change text size from 36 to any other?  

Grazie!
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24th, 2003, 3:22am »

Just use the toolbar buttons to change the text size or to center the paragraph.

CTRL+F6 removes all formatting info and makes the text to look exacly as wanted by the Style applied to the current paragraph.

Please read the PDF manual and the chapter about Styles for learning how to use styles: styles are the most important thing for a professional Website.

For placing images on the page you can use "transparent tables". There is also a chapter on the PDF manual that teach how to correctly setup a Web page in order to make it good at any resolution (any kind of monitor, any window size).

Hope this helps
Daniel Gauthier

Email

Transparent tables
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24th, 2003, 5:27pm »

It works Support!

You know, it's going to take a while before I get used to EasyWeb after being so much more familiar with FP.

Thanks again for the prompt response!
dantheman

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26th, 2003, 8:18am »

Hum!

As I slowly build up my personal webpage from FrontPage to Easy Web Editor I've found a nice freeware that strips html tags.  It's called NoteTab Light.
Sahjan

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 9th, 2003, 1:23pm »

Hey, I need help... I can't find the way to build the site here. Where's the part, where you build a site?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 13th, 2003, 3:30pm »

This is the Web Forum of EasyWebEditor / 1SITE.
See http://www.easywebeditor.com for purchasing the product (so you will be able to create your own web site).
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users