VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 14th, 2017, 1:15am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Uploading site problems »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

Uploading site problems
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Uploading site problems  (Read 822 times)
Sea_Ice

Email

Uploading site problems
« on: Jun 18th, 2003, 2:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have just created a new site with EWE which I am very proud of. It has taken around 100 hrs of my time to produce 9 pages which I think look good and link to each other with no problems in all the functions provided. When I try to upload the site I get a message at the bottom of the box which says Error. There is no number. Another message above it which says No release of this hypertext was on server.
The support team can upload a page to my site with no problem so the parameters are all correct. The problem is not with the server as suggested by support team. It is most likely that I am doing something wrong here, in the way that I have saved the file or have put a tick in a box somewhere. Is there anyone out there who could guide me on this as the support team have made it very clear that that they cannot/will not help.
I have looked through the FAQ pages and through the Forum for similar problems and cannot find one. I see that it is pointed out in many responses that this is a users forum, not a problem page.
I am a user with a problem.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Uploading site problems
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19th, 2003, 1:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

We have sent you the screen shot with the parameters we used for a *successful* publishing of your Web site.

As we have been able to publish, it is likely the problem is in your Network connection, or your ISP / host has a problem.

The important parameters are:
- ftp server name
- username
- password
- initial directory

You supplied these parameter to us, we inserted it in the setup dialog, we published a test page on your site without any difficulty...

Make also sure that in "Hypertext >Current hypertext options", second tab, you don't have inadvertitly touched the "Cover page name (Html)" box; the checkbox should be checked, and the content of the box should be index.htm or index.html

There aren't other settings.

So it is likely the problem is related to a firewall / antivirus, to your connection or to your host. Maybe you have a firewall software or a firewall hardware. Maybe your antivirus is blocking any network access to the other programs. Maybe your ISP is blocking the FTP ports of your host.

Please see the manual of your firewall / antivirus; and/or contact your ISP, your network administrator, your host.

We said we can't give you more help because we are pretty sure the problem is not with the software.

Sorry!

In case you think the problem is with your file, please contact us at support, we will allow you to send the file at a special email address and we will take a look. But please understand that if the FTP dialog says "Error" there are network problems!

PS: "no previous release on the server" is a correct message, as this is the first time you publish so no previous release can be on the server.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2003, 1:43pm by Support Staff » Logged
Sea_Ice

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20th, 2003, 4:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have uploaded the site with another program, WS FPT Pro. Firstly I exported the file to a new folder as html and then uploaded it.
I know of no firewall currently on this computer, however I find that the version of Internet Explorer is a custom version for Packard Bell which may not have certain functions within that your program may require. My feeling however is that there is some human error on my part, this has been the cause of almost every problem with this computer since it arrived. I will see what happens when I try to edit the pages.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23rd, 2003, 5:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

FYI the program doesn't rely on Internet Explorer. You can use EasyWebEditor also if Internet Explorer is not installed.

We have found an error in the earlier build of the new version 3.11; it affected the FTP on certain machines.

We have detected which customers received this first build and we notified for a free upgrade (you should have received the email if you were one of them - in case, sorry for the problem you experienced).
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users