VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 22nd, 2018, 12:39pm

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Repeatable error using frames »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

Repeatable error using frames
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Repeatable error using frames  (Read 832 times)
N_A_Cooke

YaBB Junior Member

WWW Email

Repeatable error using frames
« on: Feb 15th, 2004, 7:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Most starnge, this.

I have been busy recoding www.sproxton.org.uk.  It was written using MS Word and had all the bloated code which goes with saving Word documents as HTML.

All was going well until I uploaded the completed site.  When on line I could not open one of the pages even though all was working fine in editor mode in EWE and in read only mode.

I exported the hyoertext to my HD and tried again.  The same page, and only that one page AFAICT, would not display.  The site is designed with a left hand menu in a frame.  the only way I can get that particular page to display is to remove the left hand menu.  If I put the frame in again it won't work.  Take it out again and it will.   It is all very frustrating.

If you want to see the culprit folow the link to methodist Chapel and at the bottom of that page there is a link to "Preserved by Power Divine"  That's the one which won't show in IE6.

I created that page in exactly the same way as all the others.  Using a frame template that I created myself, clicking on the left hand frame and choosing the menu page for that and then from the use "page in frame" dialogue I set master.  All the others worked.  why not this one?  

Nick

N_A_Cooke

YaBB Junior Member

WWW Email

Re: Repeatable error using frames
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15th, 2004, 7:24am »

Further to my last posting, I have just noticed that the satus bar in IE6 says that there are errors when I load the first page.

I have reduced the page to its bare bones.  No links, just the formatted text and the side frome for the, now linkless, menu.  There are still errors somewhere.

Ho hum...

think of something else to try.

N_A_Cooke

YaBB Junior Member

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15th, 2004, 8:18am »

Add the frame and IE6 reports errors.  Remove the frame and IE6 says "done".  no errors.
I have tested the page with the menu and the introductory page separately and they are individually OK.  It is only when I use the two together in frames that I get the error.

This is too annoying to carry on with at the moment.  I will upload the old MS Word site so that the site is not off line for too long and see if I get some ideas from contributors.

TIA Sigh...

Nick

N_A_Cooke

YaBB Junior Member

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 15th, 2004, 8:44am »

I appreciate that at the maoment I am talking to myself.  After all it is Sunday afternoon and all good people should be relaxing rather than battling over a hot computer.

A query which relates to my trilas with the above postings:

I have been sving my hypertext with different file names and I have just realised that the prefix of the HTML files generated is changing.  Is this a problem?  I have another web site where I have done the same sort of thing and have not noticed anything untoward.

I suppose that I could delete the site using ftp Explorer (an exellent ftp programme BTW.  I highly recommend it.  It's free too!)  and upload the whole lot again.

N.

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26th, 2004, 6:01pm »

As for the file prefix, the setting it is available under

Hypertext >Current hypertext properties

(first tab)

As for the explorer script problem, actually Internet Explorer has a script management bug that never got fixed.  

We reported it to Microsoft but I suppose they were too busy fixing the 103340th security bug of Outlook Express or so...

Usually it happens when you use frames and you place links to popup window somewhere but not in the master frame. The solution is to place a fake link to a popup in the master frame (e.g. a link on a white point on a white background).

If the problem is different, just ZIP the file and forward to support@visualvision.com with detailed explains and we will take a look
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users