VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 17th, 2018, 2:38pm

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Backing up ALL files »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

Backing up ALL files
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Backing up ALL files  (Read 939 times)
Joma Morbat

YaBB Junior Member

I love Web CD and ebooks software!

WWW Email

Backing up ALL files
« on: Apr 14th, 2004, 10:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I recently had to reformat my HD and so I had also to re-install all the programs, including EasyWeb.

Although I had a backup of all my *.aeh files I found out that some definitions were missing: Internet FTP settings and Shopping Cart definitions ( I had translated it and made some other changes ).

Where are these (and eventually others) files located so that I can be sure I am backing up everything I need to backup?

Joma Morbat
Show Me The Money
http://www.show-me-the-money.ws
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Backing up ALL files
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19th, 2004, 8:45am »

The Internet FTP settings are stored in the System Registry (CURRENT USER, then Software, then VV), so not so easy to backup.... but just 4 parameters...

The Shopping Cart: you decide where to save it! ("Hypertext >CUrrent hypertext options", then the Cart tab, look at the bottom of the dialog!)
The default name/location is:
c:\vv\CDROMs\iper3pro\Eng\client\f\HtmlTemplates\js.js
Thom Randolph

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2004, 12:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

So, even with 1Site that is billed as a "professional" product, there can be only ONE set of FTP settings? I'm a professional, and I don't even do Web sites as my main work. But even I have five different hosted Web sites with different FTP accounts and hosting companies.  

Please consider making the FTP and other publishing settings part of the AEH file. This would solve two problems:

1) How to have one HypterText (AEH) file for each of my several sites

2) How to give AEH files to my clients. I sometimes get asked to make a site that they can update as needed. I would like to say "buy EWE, install it, then open this AEH file, make your changes, and click Publish. Now I must tell them how to configure the FTP, they have to know the passwords and other things. They are NOT computer-knowledgeable people.

Thanks,
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 4:34am »

No there is not just ONE ftp setting.
You can set up infinite FTP profiles, but they are saved on the PC, not within the particular AEH file you are using

But your suggestion about "saving" the FTP setting(s) within the AEH file (or within another file) is interesting. We will consider it.

Maybe within another file, otherwise people should care about FTP settings for each single AEH file (for example I use 6 files for a single website that I manage - different sections)...

>1) How to have one HypterText (AEH) file for each of my several site

you can already work this way. Before publishing, just select the FTP profile from the pull down menu

>2) How to give AEH files to my clients. I sometimes get asked to make a site that they can update as needed. I would like to say "buy EWE, install it, then open this AEH file, make your changes, and click Publish. Now I must tell them how to configure the FTP

this could be solved with a Save / Load profiles feature. This way you will say "open this AEH file, make your changes, and click Publish; the first time open this Profiles file that will load the publishing settings".

We will work on this issue .
ThomRandolph

YaBB Newbie

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 11:12am »

Thanks for the information. Yeah, I did finally notice the "add" button on the FTP page.

The more you do, the more they want you to do.
The less you do, the more they pay you.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 10:36am »

Good news... the current minor update (available for people that does purchase from today) features also a "Load..." and "Save..." button. Both EWE and 1SITE.

This loads or saves a simple text file ( e.g. ftpset.txt ) such as below... You may send this file to your clients (maybe ZIP compressed with the AEH). As this is a simple text file, it can be created / edited also with the MSWindows NotePad.

[ftp settings]
label=Internet-default
ftpserver=ftp.funcycles.com
timeout=60
port=21
initial-remote-folder=/
username=fun
password=ewrerwyy667
www-url-label=http://www.funcycles.com/
passwords=1
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2004, 10:39am by Support Staff » Logged
confuzzled

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 27th, 2005, 8:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

i want to create my own web-site for HP. But I don't know how to do it. Can someone help me? Just explain all I need to do?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Backing up ALL files / create your web site
« Reply #7 on: Mar 9th, 2005, 10:47am »

To create a web site you need a Web creator software (e.g. 1SITE www.1site.info it is a one time fee; or www.easywebeditor.com if you want to save money) and a Web space (there are some free, you can rent some other ones for a monthly or yearly fee - our clients have a discount with a popular reliable host).
For more information:
www.1site.info/howtocreateawebsite/
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users