VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 16th, 2017, 12:14am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « page name, page title, page file name »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

page name, page title, page file name
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: page name, page title, page file name  (Read 2639 times)
Gladmorin

YaBB Newbie

Mellow+a+Yellow
WWW Email

page name, page title, page file name
« on: Jun 9th, 2004, 3:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a few questions.  I made my site with the Easy WebEditor and I was very pleased with it.  I figured out everything on a whole but I still have a few questions.  First, I would like to know if you can change the file names?  Most of my pages are labeled "untitled_<number>" and I would like to change that.  I have tried changing them on my server but that messes up all the pages.  I would also liek to know if you could change the templates of a page without having to totally redo it all?  I did my whole with in the classic look, which I don't mind, but I would like to change it to another.  While we're on the matter, is there anywhere I can get new templates?  My final question is, is there any way I can insert a php code into the page?  or, perhaps, make a page that is php based and not htm based?  Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2008, 3:30pm by Support Staff » Logged

Joma Morbat

YaBB Junior Member

I love Web CD and ebooks software!

WWW Email

Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11th, 2004, 5:34am »

To change Page name just right click on the mouse, choose page properties, and change the page title.

Joma Morbat
Show Me The Money
http://www.show-me-the-money.ws
Gladmorin

YaBB Newbie

Mellow+a+Yellow
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 15th, 2004, 5:26pm »

Thank you.  Does anybody know about my other questions?  Mainly the php one.  I need to insert a type of news box but it is in php format.

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: page name title naming html file
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21st, 2004, 4:18pm »

>>>
First, I would like to know if you can change the file names?  Most of my pages are labeled "untitled_<number>" and I would like to change that.  
>>>

this is a frequently asked question, hit F1!! (or see the other topics)

Why the naming something_000002.htm ?
The automatic naming is helpful to optimize the file transfer when you do updates and to avoid broken links. Nobody actually cares about what is on the broser url bar (take a look at your url bar right now )

I want to supply the Html file name for a page. For example "mickey.html" instead of "nameaeh_000002.htm", how is that done?
The program, by default, gives automatic names to the pages: this is the best choice as this automatically avoid the so called "broken links" (links that suddendly do not work due to file name changes) and improves the speed of the web site update (if you do not use automatic names, and you manually change the file name of a page that is linked by 100 pages, then the program must upload 100 changed files, instead 1 file, and this may take time, specially on slow connections).
That said, you can change the base file name for a given page with Format >Page properties (the gray box that is on the left, center). This works only with the last editions.

Addenda: To change the prefix from "untitled" to something else, edit the field "prefix" that is within Hypertext >Current hypertext properties

>>>
I would also liek to know if you could change the templates of a page without having to totally redo it all?  
>>>

no unless you used includes (CTRL-H) to create the page layout

>>>
While we're on the matter, is there anywhere I can get new templates?
>>>

Perogatt templates,
https://order.kagi.com/?U2W

>>>
My final question is, is there any way I can insert a php code into the page?  or, perhaps, make a page that is php based and not htm based?  
>>>
Insert >HTML

press the Options button within the FTP dialog if you need your file name will be something.php instead of something.htm

« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2010, 6:44am by Support Staff » Logged
Gladmorin

YaBB Newbie

Mellow+a+Yellow
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 3:18pm »

I still can't get the php thing.  I haven't been able to add it.  is there any tuturial or such I could use?

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: PHP, .htaccess
« Reply #5 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 4:22pm »

Some servers in order to run PHP code need that you setup the name of the pages as ".php" instead of the default ".htm".

You can change this with the Options button (center left, FTP publishing dialog).

For inserting PHP code, use "Insert >HTML".

For more support about PHP, please don't ask us - we can't do scripting support (it's a topic too wide). There are sites and consultants that do live with this job .

By the way you can alternatively configure your server in order that .htm is ok also for php files; I believe you can do this with the .htaccess or with your server Control Panel. Please ask your host.OK
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2008, 3:31pm by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

web site address page name not what I want.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13th, 2009, 8:38am »

I copy another post that should be posted here (I am deleting the original post).

From reyweb2008

Hi to all  
Let me try this again to post a msg.

If anyone can help me with this problem I appreciated.

I need that my webside pages show up on the URL address box with their own name.

e.g.
h t t p://w w w.mywebsite.com/reyweb_000001.htm
h t t p://w w w. mywebsite.com/reyweb_000004.htm
h t t p://w w w. mywebsite.com/reyweb_000008.htm
 h t t p://w w w. mywebsite.com/reyweb_000009.htm
etc.  I don’t want the address to show with those /reyweb_000001.htm  
or /reyweb_000008.thm etc.

I need the address to show like this?
 h t t p://w w w. mywebsite.com/myreviews.html
 h t t p://w w w. mywebsite.com/local-weather.html
 h t t p://w w w. mywebsite.com/web-hosting-service.html
 h t t p://w w w. mywebsite.com/gambling-page.html

I followed this process. (Use "Format >Page properties", and the center left gray box. This will not cancel the automatic naming, but will add a redirection page. Working this way optimizes the transfers through the automatic FTP.)
 but the redirect page that was created by the program still go back and end up showing the [ /reyweb_000001.htm  etc. ] on the website address box.  

What do I need to do?  Can I supply a HTML file page name that remains what I supply, I mean that is actually used (not just an added file created?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: page name, page title, page file name
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13th, 2009, 8:43am »

Remember that this is not suggested and should be used ONLY by advance users -  if you frequently change HTML file page names, this means a big slowdown in the upload process; example, you have a web site with 100 pages, and you manually change a file page name (instead of using the automatic process). If these 100 pages have a link to the page you are changing, this means that the program will need to upload and update all these 100 pages (with the automatic naming, only one page is uploaded). Additionally, all these links changing may result in a maybe temporary de-indexing by search engines.

That said, to supply the html file page name for a given page use Format >Page properties, then the gray box that is on the middle left of the dialog.
This is available only in the new versions (from 2009). The old versions do create a redirection file as explained in the FAQ www.easywebeditor.com/faq/
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users