VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 15th, 2019, 4:15pm

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Starting Webpage »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

Starting Webpage
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Starting Webpage  (Read 1258 times)
Steve Augenblick

Email

Starting Webpage
« on: Oct 12th, 2004, 7:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,
I want to use a 1sat Site to post my resume.  I need to know how to post it on Windows 2003 Svr.  I did install IIS from the 'Add Windows Components'.  How does the internet know to pick up the webpage or how do I configure the webpage to be recognized by the internet?.  My domain is registered (saugenblick.com) and points to my server.   What directory does the webpage go in?  Is it better to install and build the webpage from a client and then copy it to the server directory?    
--  
Steve Augenblick
New Jersey
RobertG

Email

Re: Starting Webpage
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12th, 2004, 3:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Steve:

1. You really don't need to know "how to post it on Windows 2003 Svr". VV 1Site takes care of that for you by letting you click on "Publish". 1Site is useful because it hides all those details from you and lets you create a Web site with almost the same ease you create a word processor file. And you wrote your resume in a word prcessor, right?

2. Get the concept of your tools organized! Your domain doesn't  "point" to a server. Your domain is on a Host Server. Your Web site will be (1) a FILE that you create and upload into the (2) DOMAIN SPACE you rented from your (3) HOST SERVER. Your host server will make your domain-based site available to  the Web. That "Publish" click in 1Site will take care of it.

3. Within the HTML code that VV will load into your site are some Key Words that the Search Engines look for. They are known as "Meta Data". The Search Engines are so thoro now that you need not worry whether they will find your site. And don't spend money hiring a service to put you into the Search Engines. The engines will come and get you! Believe me! They live in a competitive world that is vicious! The current world champion is GOOGLE  .

You can select key words from within your resume and automatically put them into the Meta Data area. Your VV editor lets you simply select a menu option to type in Meta Data key words without worrying about where it is or other technical details. The Web knows your are there the minute you get there...believe it or not!
But it may take a little time before you show up in the search files...the engine has a voracious appetite, but has a slow digestive tract.

4. Use the Help files that VV provides. They are extensive and nicely organized. Start with(surprise) "Getting Started". You should be able to easily put up your resume site under VV if you read the Help files. And you should be able to answer questions on your own like the ones you asked in this item.

5. No, I have no connection with VV or Google  . I use their products and enjoy them. That's after retiring and more than 30 years in the computer business.  

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: Starting Webpage
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17th, 2004, 7:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Additional information about "how to create a web site" are available at:
http://www.easywebeditor.com/howtocreateawebsite/

Maybe the guy wanted to install his own Web server on his own computer permanently connected to the net? This is a very long topic and as you (RobertG) say there is a lot of information on this on Google...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users