VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 12th, 2017, 3:40am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « background image: Adequate Pixel Size »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

background image: Adequate Pixel Size
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: background image: Adequate Pixel Size  (Read 15407 times)
viaeanguli

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

background image: Adequate Pixel Size
« on: Jun 6th, 2008, 2:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Support Staff and Forum Readers,

The goal:  Utilize a purchased software generated JPEG image as the background for all pages of an Internet site.

The concern:  Too small of an image will cause the image to tile within the background as opposed to being a single background image.

The Possibilities:  I may purchase the image in the following pixel sizes

(a)  1134 x 756
(b)  1752 x 1168
(c)   2592 x 1728
(d)  3300  x 2200

Larger images, of course, are more expensive than smaller images, but even the largest image is quite affordable; price, in other words is not the concern.

My consern, as stated above, is purchasing an image that will not tile as I utilize it as the background.

My advance thanks for your help,
Viae

« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2008, 3:01pm by Support Staff » Logged

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: background images
« Reply #1 on: Jun 6th, 2008, 3:01pm »

by the way I am pretty sure there is already another topic about background images: it is good netiquette to search for an existing topic before posting a new one.

the tiling can be disabled in "Format >Page properties"; so you may use an image that shines on left and bottom to the page background color...

by the way a large image does slow down the page loading (this can make the image impossible at all to see on modem connections), this is the reason for the use of a small tiled image. There are several bg images good to be tiled in the supplied clip art, and you find other on the net
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: background image: Adequate Pixel Size
« Reply #2 on: Jun 6th, 2008, 3:03pm »

here one of the existing topics:

http://www.easywebeditor.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?board=EWw;action=disp lay;num=1154248487;start=1
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2008, 3:54pm by Support Staff » Logged
viaeanguli

YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 6th, 2008, 3:47pm »

Support Staff Administrator,

Wow!  The timing of your response to my question was rapid.  Either you just happened to be in the Form as I posted or you maintain a sharp eye for all new postings.   Whatever because I'm impressed.

Your reminder to check previous Forum entries prior to posting is well taken, but be assured that I spent considerable time searching all entries before asking my question. Posting duplications do not necessarily represent the lack of effort to locate answers. As a novice at Web site preparation perhaps it is my limited knowledge of proper terminology that resulted in no findings similar to my question.

Thank you also for a link to a previous similar posting.  Be aware, however, that as I use your link [  www.easywebeditor.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?board=EWw;action=display;num  =1154248487;start=1  ]   I receive a "104 Error Message:  Unable to open text."

Viae

Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 6th, 2008, 3:57pm »

thanx for pointing this, the link we posted was incorrectly linked / underlined, I modified it and corrected it.

For the rest, You don't have to spend time to read all the stuff in the forum.

when you have a question about background images, just dig

background images

into the search box (on the top!), and the forum will find the answer for you.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2008, 4:02pm by Support Staff » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users