VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 13th, 2017, 3:22pm

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « frames »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

frames
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: frames  (Read 1860 times)
John Addison

Email

frames
« on: Jul 5th, 2008, 1:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Is there any way of locking two frames on the same page so that they always appear together?

Do the "extra" pages generated when making frames appear in the final website?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: frames
« Reply #1 on: Jul 5th, 2008, 2:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

1) the program automatically creates a script that make sure that if a visitors enter a separated frame, it is redirected to the parent frameset (the one hosted by the master frame, so the master frame is important). This script can be disabled by un-selecting "avoid single frame" option within Format >Page properties (this for the master frame)

2) the "extra" pages are not extra pages: they are the frames. Each frame is actually a separate page, as for HTML W3C specifications.
Each frame by the way can be reused within different frame sets (so you can reuse a menu by using only one single page with the menu).

Please read the chapter Frames of the PDF manual for more information. There are step by step examples with images. If you print it and you try to repeat it step by step, you will better understand frames.
John Addison

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 5th, 2008, 5:46pm »

Thank you.  I had read the chapter on frames, and understood that the "extra" pages are actually frames. My question was, do these duplicate frames appear in the final website.

The website I am trying to build has a cover page with thumbnail pictures.  Clicking on a thumbnail takes you to a different page with the full picture on the left, and a title for the picture on the right.  The picture and title are in separate frames, hence the importance of keeping the two frames together.  I noticed that after uploading it to firefox, the two frames could change separately, even though on the same page.  In other words I could end up with a picture and title that don't match.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 5th, 2008, 6:44pm »

Yes frames are versatile, so this behavior may be useful in some cases.

It is your responsibility to place links in a way that will not make this possible in your case.
John Addison

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 5th, 2008, 8:21pm »

Before I give up on this, let me ask it another way.  On each of the pages (except the cover) I have placed a link to the cover page.  While this works fine in the edit mode, in the browser preview mode, it only links back to one frame on the cover page.  I want it to link to the whole page, not just one frame.  I can find nothing addressing this in the chapter on frames.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 6th, 2008, 6:40am »

to do this, just use a normal link.

be warned that the preview dialog that you see when you make links do show "master" pages. So to link to the cover page, you must link to the master page of the cover page. Now you are linking to one of the frames that is hosted within the cover page (so only it  does show)

to see what's the master page of a frameset, release the button frames/noframes that's near the page number box
John Addison

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jul 6th, 2008, 12:05pm »

All pages are already linked to the master frame.  

The problem might be that I am using the trial version and although it says the number of browser previews is limited in this version, it appears to do the preview anyway.  Perhaps it is using my last allowed attempt at this instead of the current one?

I wanted to see if I could actually do this before buying the regular version.

If this is the case, I think getting rid of the messages you have embedded in the trial version is enough incentive to purchase the regular version.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 6th, 2008, 3:22pm »

the trial edition is limited in the number of pages it can publish so it is possible it has not published all the full framesets.

As frames are very hard to explain with words, you may forward your file to our email support (as attach) with precise instructions on what you would like to do, and what it seems it does not, so we will find your mistake (sorry the error is always human, and we are all humans, after all) and we will help you.

Of course the stuff works otherwise we won't be in business (the competition is very hard in this field!)

By the way, if you experiment by reading the Chapter about frames in the PDF manual (you need to REDO all what the chapter explains, just to read it is useless) you will understand how frames work and you won't have problems.
John Addison

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 7th, 2008, 1:50am »

ok, I've found a way to do it.  Instead of using "Quick Special Link to - Cover", I used "Insert Link" and that seemed to fix it.  I am curious as to why the first method didn't work though.
John Addison

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 7th, 2008, 1:58am »

p.s.  I've sent you the file, but possibly the explanation of what I did, in the previous post, will be enough.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 7th, 2008, 5:28am »

as you discovered, you need to use "Normal links" or, if you use special links, you need to select the option "as frameset" (in the top left).  
When you use the "quick link" this option is not activated (so if you use quick link you must then edit the link properties).
John Addison

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 7th, 2008, 11:33am »

Thanks for your help.  
In any case, I had never assumed that the program itself was at fault.  I knew it was the programmer (me).
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users