VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2017, 3:59pm

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « Error 404 »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

Error 404
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Error 404  (Read 3750 times)
Greg Fryer

Email

Error 404
« on: Oct 3rd, 2009, 5:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am using EWE version 2008.24.243.314 on Vista which I bought some time ago but had not used until today. I am able to modify existing pages and get them to update on my web site but I cannot upload any NEW pages. The links work while testing on my computer but when I upload and then go to the web site and click on the link I just created I get Error 404.
All help appreciated.
ollo

Email

Re: Error 404
« Reply #1 on: Oct 3rd, 2009, 7:44pm »

it is likely you published into a wrong folder on the web site.
only one folder is shown on the web and it should be set as initial remote directory

suggestions:
www.easywebeditor.com/ftp/
Greg Fryer

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 4th, 2009, 9:53am »

If I had published to the wrong folder then none of the updated EXISTING pages would have updated. So I do not believe that is the problem. Is there a limit to the number of pages supported?  
Any other ideas?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 4th, 2009, 11:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

press the All button on the bottom left, before Publish.
This will temporaneously disable the internal optimizer and will force the publishing of all pages, so fixing a possible previous interrupted/incomplete publishing that (probably) caused the missing pages.
Greg Fryer

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 6th, 2009, 7:46pm »

The ALL function did not work. I have noticed that I am not able to minimize EWE, I must close it get it off the screen or put another page on top of it. Is this anyway related to my original problem?
Still looking for a solution to publishing new pages.
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 6th, 2009, 8:22pm »

If you press All, then Publish, all pages are published on the web site (if there are not problems on the server).

Hummm a thing that you should check is if (maybe) you used non alphabetical chars (symbols or spaces) in the "prefix" setting. This way the pages could be present on the server/site, but with a name that the browser can not read.
It would help to know the path of the pages you can not see, e.g. www.visualvision.com/abc_000123.htm
please write it.

I would suggest to delete all the web site (select all the files on the right side of the publishing dialog, then press DEL) then try to republish. This way you would be sure you are publishing in the right folder. You may also create a test folder on your web site and publish there.

Also make sure to check that the publishing is completed with success and is not interrupted (due maybe to server problems; or maybe the server disk space is full so only some pages are published - old pages that are overwritten, and there is no space on the server for new pages - this could fit with the behavior you experienced).

I do not know why you can not minimize EasyWebEditor. Have you a virus? Of course when a publishing is in progress or a secondary dialog is opened EWE can not be minimized, this is normal.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2009, 8:26pm by Support Staff » Logged
Greg Fryer

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 9th, 2009, 11:19am »

Before I take the DRASTIC measure to delete all pages, I have a question . . . .  Why can I update existing pages but not publish new ones, they are going to the same folder?
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 9th, 2009, 12:58pm »

We can only do hypothesis.

One hypothesis is that the space on the server hard disk is finished so you can republish existing ones, but not add new things.

Second hypothesis, you assigned a prefix that cause the pages to have names that are not correct.

We already wrote these hypothesis. You don't write the URLs so there's nothing that we can do mre.

Otherwise there are no reasons. As the program gives you no error, the program is sending all the pages (existing or new) on the server (when you press the "All" button, then "Publish" you force it to do so, and you can be sure it is doing so, and if it gives you no errors, and says "Publishing OK" it has done so).

If the server does receive but does not show the "new", the only hypothesis we can do is what said. By deleting everything, maybe you will gain space on the server and you will be able to publish everything. We can't really be more helpful without more info.  
There are not publishing problems pertaining to the program, this is the only thing I can say for sure, as in over 10 years all the problems reported has been connection / antivirus-firewall or server problems.
If you are hosted with us please tell us and we will check if the server where you are has problems/issues.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2009, 1:01pm by Support Staff » Logged
JessHessing1989
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 15th, 2011, 9:24pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2009, 7:44pm, ollo wrote:
it is likely you published into a wrong folder on the web site.
only one folder is shown on the web and it should be set as initial remote directory

suggestions:
www.easywebeditor.com/ftp/

thanks for the info

Check out roomba 562 and alteril - kdc-x994
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users