VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2017, 3:17am

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « how can I change a htm file page name »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

how can I change a htm file page name
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: how can I change a htm file page name  (Read 6327 times)
Jo-Ann

Email

how can I change a htm file page name
« on: Mar 11th, 2011, 10:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi, does anyone know how I can change the name of a page. the website page name with the .htm  all of them end with number like for example 000007.htm and I would like to be able to change that, does anyone know if that is possible? thanks.

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2011, 12:45pm by Support Staff » Logged
Katy Smison

Email

Re: how can I change a page name
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 12:10pm »

hi! this seems to be a FAQ
www.easywebeditor.com/faq/

I want to supply the Html file name for a page. For example "mickey.html" instead of "nameabc_000002.htm", how is that done?  

Normally the user does not have to care about the boring task of inventing Html file names for the html pages that are under the hood of a web site (this because the EWE user acts simultaneously on the whole website, that is saved on the PC as a single AEH file). The program, by default, gives automatic names to the Hmtl file pages: this is the best choice as this automatically avoid the so called "broken links" (links that suddenly do not work due to file name changes) and improves the speed of the web site update (if you do not use automatic names, and you manually change the file name of a page that is linked by 100 pages, then the program must upload 100 changed files, instead 1 file, and this may take time, specially on slow connections). This is called the automatic naming.  
That said, you can change the base Html file name for a given page with Format >Page properties (the gray box that is on the left, center). Please notice that unless you enable the setting "file html / no auto" within the "Options" dialog (Options button, on the top left within the FTP publishing dialog) this does not cancel the automatic naming, but only a redirection file is added/created. Instead, if you enable "file html / no auto" the name in the gray box will be the actual HTML file name for the page. This works only with the last editions.
Jo-Ann

Email

Re: how can I change a htm file page name
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 2:52pm »

Thanks! I'll check it out. Appreciate the reply.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users