VisualVision: professional content publishing software - Web site, self installing CD DVD, catalog, protect ebook, autoplay CD brochure, HTML Help, manual, guide, reference, database import CSV

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2017, 3:59pm

(this forum was - and actually still is - here)

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) « compatibility w new google norms / mobile website »

Français (Google)
software free download
Español (Google)
software free download
Italiano

create Website1SITE: create a business or personal Website with ease...
software support
manuals, documentation on CDCDFrontEnd: distribute documentation, CD brochures & CD business cards; protect CD (Fra, Ita)
software free download
create Web CD catalogHyperPublish: create Website, product catalog (also from DB CSV), multimedia CD... (Ita)
software free download
create ebookEBooksWriter: edit, pack and protect smart ebooks... (Esp, Ita)
cd software
create manualPaperKiller: create a manual, hypertext, manage electronic documentation
software free download
software documentationRoboAuthor: make software helpfile and documentation .CHM .HLP HTML Help
software free download
host hostingVisionHost: web space hosting for VV customers
software free download
create a Web siteEasyWebEditor: build your own Web site, create good Internet pages without code or "HTML"
software free download
Français (Google)
Créer une page Internet personnelle ou d'entreprise avec facilité; distribuer de la documentation, des brochures avec CD DVD à démarrage automatique / auto exécutable, protéger CD / DVD; logiciel pour catalogue de produits (database, CSV); modifier, emballer et protéger ebooks; créer un manuel, un hypertexte, gérer la documentation électronique; construire votre site Web, créer des pages...
software free download
Español (Google)
Crear un negocio o sitio web personal con facilidad; distribuir la documentación, manuales, folletos y CD / DVD tarjetas de visita; proteger CD; crear catálogo de productos (database, CSV), editar, empaquetar y proteger ebook; crear un manual, hipertexto, gestión de documentación electrónica y ayuda CHM y HLP; construir su propio sitio Web, crear páginas de Internet...
software free download
Search:  
Advanced search...

Max results:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast)
   Our Products
   EasyWebEditor / 1site

compatibility w new google norms / mobile website
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: compatibility w new google norms / mobile website  (Read 1454 times)
Toni_Diez
YaBB Newbie

I love Visual Vision!

compatibility w new google norms / mobile website
« on: Apr 14th, 2015, 12:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As most of you probably know, Google never rests, always looking for ways to make our lives a bit more difficult  

I am trying to reform my websites made with 1site, so before 21th April they keep their good position in google.

This is one of my sites: futurhobby.com/magazine

At the moment I know that it is not compatible with new google standards, so it will be harly penalized in positioning.

We can check the compatibility of our websites introducing the Url here: (copy and paste)
www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/?

At the moment, I have received some kind help from VV support, giving some clues to achieve some compatiblity:
"As for the images, they don't resize (actually some mobile browser do resize them when you zoom but that's all): you should not use very large images to have a good mobile design.
As for texts, make sure to use the Carriage Return key (the big one on the rightside of the keyboard) only at the paragraph end."

But still I cannot get anything to work. Please, can anybody give me an example of a website (made with ewe or 1site) that is fully compatible with new google standards?

It will be a lot of help for me, as I could see how it is built and how tables work...

A million thanks for the support!
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2015, 8:55am by Support Staff » Logged
Support Staff
YaBB Administrator

Meow!

WWW Email

Re: compatibility w new google norms / mobile webs
« Reply #1 on: May 3rd, 2015, 8:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The google test is often broken, as it is obvious that a software robot can only supply a esteem, that often does more harm than advantage.

Test the website on a mobile device yourself, and do modifications if needed. If you follow the suggestion in the chapter "Graphics and paging pages" of the PDF manual, the website is "reflowable" and so will be good on mobile and all small devices.
We suggest creating "good" websites, good for any devices, since 1998, and the base has never changed: *never use fixed designs* (repeat with us 10 times)

You can either ignore that google stuff, or after a test on a real mobile device, you can write google and tell them: your test is broken, my pages are good on mobile but your test page says it is not.
As for us, we are sorry but we can not fix what is not broken, and we can not provide solutions different from what the solutions have always been!

By the way it is also possible to create a second website specifically for smartphones, for example in a specific folder ( e.g. www.yoursite.com/mobile/ ) - you create a second AEH file and you publish it in the subfolder (there is a subfolder creation button, then double click the folder to enter it), rather than in the main folder.

To direct the mobile devices automatically there, you could insert in the head of the "normal" website (Insert >HTML > At page start (HEAD) ):

<link media="only screen and (max-width: 640px)" rel="alternate" href="http://www.yoursite.com/mobile/index.htm" />
<link media="handheld" rel="alternate" href="htt p:/ www.yoursite.com/mobile/index.htm" />
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2015, 8:57am by Support Staff » Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply, or ask/add more Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

VisualVision main Web site
Easy software tools from Visual Vision:

Visual Vision **User's** Forum (the fast) » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP1!
YaBB © 2000-2001, XNull. All Rights Reserved.
This forum © 2001-2010 VisualVision and VisualVision Users